CONGRATULATIONS! By choosing to breast feed your baby you are providing the ideal nutrition for your child. Your breast milk contains the ideal mix of vitamins, protein and fat needed for your baby to grow and thrive. The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) as well as the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists recommends that infants be breastfed exclusively for a minimum of six months. Babies who are breastfed exclusively, without formula, for a six month period benefit by:
1. Ingesting antibodies which help your baby fight off viruses and bacteria.
2. Lowering your babies risk of asthma or allergies
3. Lowering the risk of ear infections, respiratory illnesses and bouts of diarrhea and meningitis.
4. Lowering the risk of obesity, diabetes and certain cancers although more research is needed.
5. Playing a role in the prevention of SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome) according to (AAP)
6. Lowering hospitalizations and trips to the doctor.
7. Lowering the risk of dying between the ages of 28 days and one year according to the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences.
BREAST FEEDING HELPS YOU IN A NUMBER OF WAYS:
1. You will burn extra calories helping you to lose pregnancy weight faster.
2. Release of the hormone oxytocin will help your uterus return to its pre-pregnancy size.
3. Breastfeeding lowers your risk of breast and ovarian cancer as well as osteoporosis.
4. You have quiet time to relax and bond with your newborn.
Due to the many inquiries received from nursing mothers the design team at Warm Me Ups has developed several products crafted to treat and/or prevent plugged milk ducts, and relieve the discomfort associated with cramping of the uterus due to the release of oxytocin during nursing:
- BOSOM BUDDY ( For Plugged Milk Ducts)
- TUMMY BUDDY (For Cramps)
Your team at Warm Me Ups extends our best wishes to both you and your newborn. I truly believe that you will be more than pleased as you enjoy the warmth and discover the relief!
With Warmest Regards,
Chris Canada Hofmann, R.N. Warm Me Ups firstname.lastname@example.org